Dr. Gibson received his B.A. degree from the University of Kansas in 1998 where he graduated with Distinction and Honors. He then received his doctorate at the University of Houston College of Optometry where he graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors in 2003.
Before joining Klein Eyecare, Dr. Gibson was Center Director for a LASIK surgery practice in Austin, TX, where he specialized in refractive surgery care. In 2005, Dr. Gibson joined Klein Eyecare where he now practices as a Therapeutic Optometrist and an Optometric Glaucoma Specialist. He has a special interest in advanced contact lens fittings.
Dr. Gibson is a native of Kansas where his father also practiced as an optometrist. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife, Misti, and their two boys, Luke and Logan. They are active members of Faithbridge Church.
His additional accomplishments include:
- Clinical Letter of Excellence recipient from the University of Houston College of Optometry
- RGP Lens Clinical Excellence Award – RGP Lens Institute
- Member of the Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Member of the Texas Optometric Association
- Member of the American Optometric Association
- Member of the Golden Key National Honor Society